The 25th Bideford Half Marathon 2019
03 March 2019
Talk about a swift half
The course starts and finishes very close to Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and takes in magnificent countryside alongside the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington. The course is half on roads and half on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel. The race is moderately flat, with one small hill section. View the race course
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- All finishers will receive a t-shirt and medal – run all three of our races and your medals will stack together! Our 2019 medals will be a different colour to those in 2016, 2017 and 2018. The half marathon is the first race in the series.
- For this year only to celebrate our 25th Bideford Half there will be cash prizes for the first 10 male and female finishers with a £200 first prize! Break the male / female course record for an extra £50 (male 01:06:09, female 01:17:15)
- Champagne for the first runner in each category
- Category trophies for 1st U20 male and female, senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd, senior male to V80 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Trophy for best single fancy dress
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
- Online entries and race transfers close Thursday 28 February 2019, 11pm or when race reaches capacity, 1,500 runners
- Information on how to transfer your race place or update your details (such as contact details including postal address)
- Race assembly is outside the clubhouse at 10.20am, race start 10.30am
- Race cut off time: 3 hours 15 minutes, the route will not be marshalled after this time and entrants will be considered DNF. Runners must train and prepare to finish the race within this cut off time.
- Please take the time to read our Race T&Cs, Cancellation policy and Race cut-off times
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in our clubhouse. Toilets (portaloos only) will be outside and clearly signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from 12noon.
www.bidefordaac.co.uk | #BidefordHalf | email@example.com
Entry enquires: 01935 388 733 | Race enquires: Alan Heard on 01237 470 254 or 07974 902 670
Registration open from: 08:30:00